Gillingham Football Club Under 18 Girls’ Academy Players
Our students are given the opportunity to study and train at Kent’s largest professional football club, with its state-of-the-art facilities.
• Academy staff have cultivated strong partnerships with higher education institutions to enable students to progress to universities in the UK and overseas.
• Interesting work placements such as apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training and coaching primary school children, enable students to gain employment.
The academic curriculum is carefully tailored to students’ skills and abilities. The qualifications currently on offer are:
– Sports BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Diploma
– Sports BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
– BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
– Level 3 Physical Education in School Sport (PESS)
– FA Coaching Level 1
Students who gain a triple distinction in the Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma will achieve sufficient UCAS points to enrol on a range of sports-based degrees. All students are taught by experienced, qualified subject specialist tutors. English and mathematics will be taught throughout the course. Those students who have not already achieved a 4/C+ grade at GCSE in English and
Professional Football Training and Games Programme
• The U18 Girls’ Academy will train
• Students are entered for the AoC College Sports and National Youth Leagues and will have the opportunity to compete against such clubs
• Academy students will also have the opportunity to gain experience playing at the National training complexes, such as St Georges Park and Lilleshall.